Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 20 - Children's Museum

Today we ventured to the Children's Museum. It's a wonderful place directed at children's (obviously) learning...very science based. I'd say it's aimed at a bit older age group but Sienna enjoys it. There's definitely stuff for the younger crowd to do, I just don't think we'll buy a year membership (it IS only $30 and admission is $10 so definitely worth it later on). We met up with another mom (from my moms group) and her 2 year old son, for the first time. It was really lovely. We all got along great and the two little ones played well together. It's really nice to meet other moms that have children around Sienna's age. I really hope to make it a regular thing. After the kids played like mad at the museum we had a delicious lunch at the cafe right next door. Both kids argued that they should have cookies but we convinced them to go with a healthier alternative.
Sienna crashed for a good 2 1/2 hours this afternoon. Must've really played hard this morning. When she woke up she had a package to open from "Auntie Miyum" (Miriam), a pharmacist I had the pleasure of working with in Victoria. She's always been so great to us. Spoils Sienna rotten. We used to have play dates when we lived there and visit when we're lucky enough to be back west. I really wish I took pictures of her delight. It was stickers, a colouring book, construction paper and flash cards. She was so excited, she tore right into it. She was even thrilled about the Valentines Day card. It was definitely a hit. After a short time playing, Kyle whipped Sienna up some dinner and we were off to the Rangers game. My dad was working late so he offered us the tickets (while volunteering my mom to watch the babe haha). Not the greatest game, they lost to London 6-3. But, as usual, always a nice night out with just Kyle. Apparently I'm to expect a child with a sweater on in the morning...she insisted.

I just found out today that my grandmother will be coming out for an impromptu visit on Monday. She'll be staying nearly 3 weeks. I really can't wait for her see how much Sienna has grown and changed since the last time (August). Should make for an interesting couple of weeks :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Children's Museum. We have a membership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of all the kid friendly activities you get to enjoy on a daily basis... we have to stoop to pet store visits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the children's museum! I have been meaning to go back sometime soon, looks like she had a lot of fun :).

    ReplyDelete