Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 11 - My Not So Little Girl

I know you can't get too upset with every little milestone they hit, but today was a big one...for me at least. We finally did it. Sienna is in a big girl bed. It's not so much that she's in one that makes me sad. It's just made me realize how much my baby is growing up. She doesn't have her soothers, she's sleeping in a big girl bed, she can count to 10, she can say her ABC's...the list just goes on and on. It's definitely one of those days where I look back and think wow, one day we're bringing home this new baby and the next she's all grown up. I know all parents think this at various stages of their children's lives...today just happen to be one of those days :)

Here's a few pictures from today:
Getting read to leave with Daddy for the morning. They had a wonderful time. Busy Bees and then to Starbucks for a hot chocolate. I went out with Celia for coffee and also had a wonderful time :)
Helping Daddy put together her new bed. I asked her to look at me and smile for the camera and she replied with "No Mommy...busy!"
Taking a Beggy (spaghetti) Dough break.
Finally in the "new" (it's just her crib converted to a toddler bed) bed. She put her pink baby in it (yes that's what she actually calls it "pink baby" although she's now referring to as her sister(??)) to try it too. There were definitely tears tonight. A bit of a battle actually. But she's in there quiet now so we'll see how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment