My baby girl turned four on Friday. FOUR!! So cliche I know, but where does the time go?? We had quite the celebration(s) over the last week. It's been beyond hectic, busy, tiring and so so fun. We started off by taking the girls to Great Wolf Lodge on Wednesday. We had told Sienna we were going to Niagara Falls to a grocery store (Kyle's idea ha) and she was super excited about THAT. So you can imagine her reaction when she found out where we really were going. It was priceless.
Zo didn't know what was happening. But she knew it was gonna be good.
It was a tiring two days that's for sure. Poor Zoey ran the entire time. She was ready for bed by 5.
Sienna went to a "No parents allowed!" cub club pajama party Wednesday night. It went from 7-930pm. They wore their pj's and did crafts, watched a movie, ate popcorn, read stories and had a ball. She was thrilled. By the end of the night, she barely made it into bed before passing out :)
We got back Thursday night and Friday was her actual birthday. We started doing her birthday kind of like Christmas morning for some reason. Decorations and presents out waiting for her when she wakes up. I love it.
She loves birthdays. Any reason for celebration actually. She loves making a big deal out of it for others so I really love making it a big deal for her :)
After gifts, breakfast and some sister play we headed to Toys R Us. She got a bit of money from both great grandmothers so we told her she could pick out anything she wanted. It was a lengthy process but she decided on a grocery cart and some play dough. Not bad I thought.
She chose Boston Pizza for dinner. Zoey chose to sleep through the entire thing.
Kyle told our waitress (secretly) it was her birthday. She told Kyle SHE would sing her Happy Birthday. Kyle was expecting an awkward solo performance with us staring at her with our mouths open. Ha. Luckily she had back up.
Sienna was surprised. Kyle and I both thought she might cry at first. It quickly turned to sheer delight.
"So were you surprised Sienna??"
"Yes!"
"Was it so neat that they all sang to you?!"
"Ya....except at first, well, it was almost horrifying."
Saturday was her joint birthday party with Arthur. Another tradition ;) We decided to have it at Playfit. No cleaning, no planning, just celebrating. It was perfect.
Zoey tried to sleep through it again.
Lots of kids, lots of cake, lots of fun :)
Kristina's mom ("Arthur's grandma") made Sienna this sweet (purple!!!) poncho. Zoey fought her to the death for it ;)
Sunday day night we had a little birthday dinner celebration with Mimi and Papa. There was also cake and a couple more gifts :)
Zoey is obsessed with dolls. Mimi and Papa got her this little one and she LOVES it.
SO mad it was taking my mom more than 2 seconds to get her out of the packaging.
And SO happy to finally have it.
Hey Papa look at THIS!
Mimi!! Did you SEE this???
Yes child, we bought it for you remember?
Grandma and Grandpa's package arrived :)
"Can I wear this to school Tuesday??!"
Zoey, the now professional present unwrapper
"DADA!"
"Yes?"
"Oh very pretty"
Even though I'm beyond exhausted and on Sunday Kyle and I both said, "ok...enough birthday already," I'm so glad she enjoyed all of it. Definitely worth it :) Happy Birthday my sweet girl.
Kindergartner Thought(s) of the Day:
At GWL. We were all in the change room together, drying off and getting dressed. Kyle was just casually drying himself...
"Daddy, stop shaking that pee pee at me"
:|
After Kyle told her we weren't going to the Santa Claus Parade because of the rain (she was maaaad)
"Daddy, I'm going to love you...but I'm not going to like you."
She is all about 'reading' these days
"L...C...B...O spells beer store!"
"I love all of you guys. Even you Zoey. Even though you were the angriest beast today."
No comments:
Post a Comment