Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh what a night...er...week...or so...yikes...sorry ;)

I need to stop starting so many blogs with 'so I've been slacking a bit' but here I am once again. Between being on the go all day every day (or at least it seems), Zoey's new night time acrobatics (she's sleep...crawling?! WTH!), her later than usual bedtime, Kyle and I attempting to watch movies/TV shows (and me failing miserable and falling asleep in a big disappointing mess) and just every day chaos I've missed a day or two (or three or four). We enjoyed our beautiful weather, had playdates with old friends, playdates with new friends, I (and Zo) even got to go out and meet some old, new friends ;) Canada Day and Mimi's birthday also managed to squeeze in there. So here's yet another mass update :-D

You know you all love it ;)
Zoey's new nighttime shenanigans:
Yes those are my feet (and Janie). She starts out the 'right' way then wakes up, sits up, crawls around then lays down. Not much unlike a dog.
All. week. long.
This has been happening a lot this week as well:
Zoey gets filthy during dinner so we bathe her in the sink
And when I say 'we' I mean 'Sienna,' Kyle and I barely parent anymore. That's ok right?
Zoey's first freezie. She was not impressed. Threw it right after this shot.
Sienna and her 'park friend.'
Hi my what's your name? My name is Matthew, do you want to be friends? How old are you? I'm 5. How old is your baby? My baby is 2....and on and on ;)

Hey Mom! Can I do my own hair?
Sure!
Can I wear your hat?
Of COURSE!
Can we shower with you?
Why not?!
Can Zoey unravel the toilet paper?
Absolutely! Oh wait. No, nevermind, no she can't...ZOEY! GAH!
Sienna and I. Oh ya, I think I've got my roller coaster partner! FINALLY.
Poor Zoey. Rattling the fence, yelling at Sienna every time she came around...soon kiddo, soon.
Parade watching
Cooling down with frozen juice boxes. Hilarious and successful.

Mimi's gorgeous birthday decorations. Sienna did a great job ;)
By request, Angel Food cake with fresh strawberries

Not by request, the number '72' in candles. Sienna insisted.
930 too late for fireworks?? No way!
I'm totally that mom that forces the family out to 'events.' And when I say 'force the family' I mean 'force Kyle.' Sienna is all over it. Thank you very much. It's going to be 3 against 1 his whole life, he might as well get used to it now ;)
Totally posting this picture because it looks like I'm super tanned. I am not. Some sort of optical allusion/camera malfunction but I'll take it!
A short walk on a very hot and humid day

Preschooler Thought(s) of the day (week):

"Hey Mama, a burp just came up my throat and into my head."

(I was dancing around carrying Zoey singing some god awful song as I usually do)

"Mama! Stop it!"
"Why?"
"Because! It's weird for me."

(while on the toilet)

"Mom! I need to poo somehow...but...I just don't know...oh...there it comes."

(to Kyle)

"You smell like beer."

"Hey Dad, imagine you and me tooted at the same time and we would be this tootin' team?!"

"Just forget about it!"

"It sure is hot!"
"You could say that again Dad!"

"Hey!...(looking down)... uh where are my pants??!"

No comments:

Post a Comment