Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Weekend...ish

We had a really great weekend. Seemed like it was jam packed yet we didn't really do anything. And, with a combination like that, it went by super fast.
This was actually from a few days ago. I had to post it. She had on two skirts and a shirt (being worn as a skirt). Something about that green polka dot skirt I tell ya...makes he go a little crazy...and I love it.

This weekend's big event was Sienna's new big girl bike. My mom picked up a second hand bike at a garage sale in...I want to say Elora? It's a little too big for her but she definitely rocked it. We'll see how it goes.
Explaining, in true Sienna-dramatic fashion, what would happen if she 'tumbled off'
At one point she got off and came over to talk to me. I turned around to see this:
Ya...
Scratching her back :|
When it was time to head home, I 'made' her hold my hand when we crossed a street. This usually isn't a problem (in fact she's a little nutty about holding hands on streets) but today....HUGE issue. After we got to the other side she took off yelling "But I don't wanna hold any hands!" Didn't I mention something about true Sienna-dramatic fashion just now??
Making sure we see/saw her big true Sienna-dramatic fashion ordeal (cause what's the point if no one notices!)
Annnd over it
Poor Sienna. Zoey is so desperate to do everything her big sister does these days. As a result she just climbs all over her and gets in the middle of everything she is doing
"The Bull Dog"
She does this all.the.time. Sticks her bottom teeth out. I think it has something to do with teething. Let's hope so ha
So, the robin that made her nest under our deck had two babies. They've now left the nest but we still see them quite often. The mama robin (Trixie) still feeds them. It's pretty amazing. The babies (I say babies but they're the same size as their mom, the only way to tell them apart is their speckled feathers) squawk and squawk, then out of nowhere the mama comes and drops food in their mouths. What can I say I'm a total nerd but I love it. This morning one baby robin was attempting to drink out of the pool so Sienna decided to put a bowl of water and bird seed out for him. Well, our chipmunks all thought that was fabulous and before you knew it we saw this:
Little tail popping up. And then this:
Annnd first biking injury. She toppled while trying to dismount ;)
A running/dancing celebration because she got a 'treat'
Zo is so set on standing all the time she'll use anything to get up, including poor Sienna's clothing.
So I'm often doing this. Trying to maneuver Zoey away from Sienna with one hand. She refuses to sit and keeps her legs stiff and straight. It's almost impossible to get her down.
This was from the other day. She was eating, drinking AND playing her Leapster. Yikes. A glimpse of what's to come...
This was "That Sock Game." We had NO idea what she was talking about but she said "you wet a sock, pull it long, then put it under a pillow and make sure you have your book." Alright...
This was a "Zoey...did you pull out all those puzzle pieces?? ZOEY???!!!!"
"Yes, and I'm SO pleased with myself."
I wanted to give a glimpse into our nighttime shenanigans lately. The other night (Kyle wasn't home for bedtime) Sienna was going to the bathroom before bed. She called me in and said "Hey Mama, look how I peed!" (I obviously needed to snap a picture of this ridiculousness)
While I did that, I successfully neglected my super fast crawler and she chased the cat up the stairs:
She's pretty determined to catch her
Right up on her toes, reaching as far as she could

That same night I agreed to Sienna sleeping with us. Needless to say bedtime quickly went from 7ish to after 9ish :| Oops
They pushed me around a bit ;)

Zoey lately has decided bedtime doesn't need to happen until it's dark. Considering dark happens at about 10 now...it's not great
It's not that bad actually. It's our Zoey only time. Kyle and I lay in bed with her and we play. I have to share this next picture. It's kind of a testament to how different the girls are. Sienna used to be such a conservative nurser. She needed to be in my arms/lap, laying sideways, generally in a quiet room. Zoey is basically like a calf. She comes and goes as she pleases (at night I mean, I don't walk around topless ha...I'd never get anything done ;)). So at night I lay down, she plays, then comes over, nurses, then goes back to playing. It's pretty ridiculous. Kyle says at least once a week "I wish we could videotape this and show people..." Well, this is no videotape but it gives you an idea:
She's a boog that's for sure but we love her

Preschooler Thought of the Day:

(while giving Zoey a hug and kiss goodnight)

"Here is your kiss my love! You are my best girl."

She can be pretty darn sweet to her sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment