That's the temperature now...at 830 at night. With a weather warning. The warning being you're basically going to die if you go (and stay) outside. It's been a warm one. The highest I saw today was 38 (feels like 48 with the humidity). Plus the humidity was at 100%. I'm not going to lie it was pretty gross out. There was this hot wind blowing too which was really confusing. You'd think a breeze would be somewhat refreshing but it wasn't even slightly. Just hot air blown in your face. Like a hair dryer, or exhaust from a car. Only the crazies were outside today ;) Everyone was just walkin' around, testy, sweaty messes. Sienna didn't do too great in the heat. She was kind of a miserable b. Must be the red head in her. Or the pasty, freckly brunette. Either way, that kid has little to no chance of being 'good' in warm weather.
This morning Sienna didn't do her usual bounding into our room to wake us at 7am on the dot. She got up and turned on the Wiggles and had her own little dance party until I got up at 8.
Did I mention she dressed herself in this?
I love this kid.
The girls have been so great these days get along in the morning. I can go about my business and actually get a few things done.
We attempted to meet Kristina and Jess and their boys at Playfit this morning for some indoor air conditioned fun but it was at its capacity (150 kids...RIDICULOUS). We ventured (slowly) across the street to the mall to waste some time until a few kids camps left and opened up some spots.
Nothin' like a little Yogen Fruz to cool ya down
And hockey
I can't say I'm happy about this new development...climbing. She can also now get up stairs with little effort. It's frightening.
As for the rest of the week. We...at least tried to keep up with housework, yard work, gardening, watering, pooling, chipmunk feeding :)
Ate our fair share of fresh fruit and veggies
Had family sleepovers
And even had a few play dates
Kyle has been trying to force a soother on Zo again
And it's working perfectly
We had a possible-peanut-butter-in-the-eye situation. A little frightening to say the least. More of an eye opener of what may be to come in our little girls future :( But it definitely could have been a lot worse.
We went to Toonie Tuesdays. A free event in downtown Kitchener on Tuesday nights. You're encouraged to donate a toonie and get to watch two kids performers. Lots of fun. To our surprise our once 'shy child' hopped right on stage (without even being chosen I might add ha) and sang and danced her little heart out
Zo has been a slight disaster sleep wise. She's sleep crawling, sitting up, thrashing around, taking up the entire bed, laying on top of me...
So we've gotten rid of the side carred crib (I'm scared she'll topple out) and have a mattress beside our bed...we'll see how it goes. A new twist on cosleeping (well new to us, Kristina gave me the wonderful idea :D) Hopefully we'll get a bit more sleep.
But what can I say, I can't be mad at this face:
Oh wait...maybe I can
Zoey! Did you get into the sunscreen???! No? Alright.
I just have to say that these little things...like the two of them in a cart are what really does it for me. So simple but so awesome.
That and the fact that Sienna has worn this dress almost every day since she got it :|
He does it almost every time he shaves his beard. Facial hair experimentation. It's good for about an hour of fun for him. The girls and I just shake our heads disapprovingly. OK Sienna and I do at least.
Well, when he asked her what she thought she really gave it to him.
"I don't like it."
"Why not?!"
"You missed a spot. A lot of spots. Right here and here and here."
"But what if I just left that?"
"No"
"Why not?!"
"Well...I don't want to kiss that thing."
"Why not?!"
"You missed a spot. A lot of spots. Right here and here and here."
"But what if I just left that?"
"No"
"Why not?!"
"Well...I don't want to kiss that thing."
Couldn't have said it better myself my dear :D


















No comments:
Post a Comment