So the super insane heat cooled off to a refreshing 30-35 over the weekend ha. Yes it's still scorching hot outside but in comparison to 'feels like 50' it's not too bad ;) I unfortunately woke up feeling like poop yesterday. Kyle slept in for the first time in ages and I powered through and sick tidied. I'm a firm believer in if you don't give into the sick it won't consume you. Ha. Or you'll just crash and die eventually...whatever. Kyle managed to get Zoey to sleep in the Ergo for her nap so I napped too (alone!) for like 3 hours. It was awesome. He and the girls swam when she woke up. They also walked up to the corner store for a "Slush Pup" and swam some more.
Poor Zo is dying to keep up with Sienna. And poor Sienna is dying to have a Zoey-free moment.
Whatcha doin' sis?
I'm not sure exactly what was said here but I imagine it went something like "ZOOEEEEEEEEY!"
And she's off. Zoey followed shortly after.
She can't even enjoy an apple solo anymore. Although sometimes she does love it.
This is about the only time Sienna gets any alone time.
Zoey does this war whoop thing where she pats her hand on her mouth and says "ahhhh." Her and Sienna were doing it together and thinking it was hi-larious. I love Kyle's expression or "alright, ya I'm smiling but I hate this with every ounce of my being."
It IS pretty annoying when they try to outdo the other
Today I felt great. Which was fabulous. I get pretty mopey when I'm sick. I'll be the first to admit it ;) We drove into Toronto first thing to pick up Papa from the airport. He and Mimi were in Nova Scotia and Mimi is staying an extra week to visit. He came bearing gifts:
Shirts and a book from the Cows store :D
And sea shells from Peggy's Cove. These were a HUGE hit. She said "Hey! Just like Auntie Courtney's!" (she has some in her bathroom...I think it's crazy she remembers random stuff like that)
When we got home we skyped Grandma and Grandpa Hart for a bit, the girls showed off their new dance moves (and attire). Then the rest of the day was spent in the pool and organizing the storage room (AGAIN!).
Uh oh look what we found!!! Uncle Mike's Star Wars collection!!!
And stuff we will be kijiji-ing soon :(
I had mentioned that Kyle was forcing the soother on Zoey again and I maybe had said some sarcastic remark about it...well...I may be eating my words here soon...
Just for one nap today but still WOWZA!
This is the latest I'm-wearing-it-every-day clothing. A tutu. Every. damn. day.
Preschooler Thought of the Day:
Sienna went to the bathroom and called Kyle in to wipe her bum. She was already standing beside the toilet, bent over, bum straight in the air, head at her feet.
"WHOA!!! SIENNA!!! It STINKS in here!!!"
(laughter)
"Not down here it doesn't!!"









No comments:
Post a Comment