Friday, June 3, 2011

You Did It!!

WARNING: Post may be riddled with ridiculous cliches and over the top emotion...

Preschool Graduation....our little girl. It was a semi-sentimental week around here. She's getting so big. I had an info night at her 'new' school where she'll be going to JK in September on Wednesday night. That corresponded nicely with her graduation on Thursday. I can't believe she'll be going to 'big girl' school in the fall. I also can't believe this year is over! Seems like yesterday she was all excited for her first day:
As part of her 'gift' at graduation she got a picture her teacher took of her on her first day. Looking at it is crazy. She's grown SO much in 9 months. In so many ways. I'm so proud of her. I totally thought I'd be 'that' mom, sobbing as she accepted her construction paper diploma. But I wasn't. I only slightly teared when they all walked in together. Her eyes scanning the room looking for us, hands nervously in her mouth and a huge smile of excitement. My heart swelled and I beamed (then cried a little ;)). She found us and ran over, jumped onto my lap and gave us all hugs. Super sweet.
Then joined her classmates on the carpet for 'circle time.'
This was the beginning to the 'Popcorn Song' where they all curl up on the floor (well, at least they're supposed to) then they all jump up when the music tells them to and the bounce around.

Sienna added her own step to the process:
Lifting her skirt to belly button level. Awesome.
Sitting beside Luka, her new best friend because he hugged her the other day. Ha.

They did a few songs (including Rudolph by request) and activities, then got their diplomas:
Plus a little book, pencil bag and some school supplies for next year
Zoey was so proud of her big sister. OK, she was actually just ticked because we woke her up after she fell asleep in the car 5 minutes before we got there...but she did pretty good.
I honestly can't say enough good things about the school. The experience was above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. Her classmates, their families and most importantly Mrs. Tidd. She has a way with these kids. I can't describe it. Sienna has come SO far since September and I really feel like it will act as an invaluable tool to help her with JK in the fall. She'll do just fine and I think it really has so much to do with going to preschool.

As for the rest of the week. I managed to get a 'Moms night out' to see Bridesmaids (HILARIOUS!). We went to an Usborne Book Party (SO. MANY. BOOKS I need!!! (insert Kyle rolling his eyes here ;)). The rest of the time was spent outside enjoying our fabulous weather we've been having!!
(Sienna took this on the bus...thank you very much reverse photo on the iPhone!)

Preschooler (aka Future JKer) Thought(s) of the Day:


(While playing trains with Arthur...stops, looks at him)

"Arthur. I think I may have to poop."


(While playing cars, Arthur to Sienna)

"I have to pee. Sienna, do you think you have to too?"

These two now have to use the bathroom in unison. Makes for some interesting conversations.


(I have a small porcelain figurine my grandma gave me as part of our wedding gift. It's three bears. A mom, dad and baby, just like our little family was at the time of our wedding. Sienna has now claimed it as her own. Before she took it she was asking me about it)

"What is this?"
"It's a figurine, GG gave it to me."
"Why?" (of course ;))
"It was a gift, for when Daddy and I got married."
"Why did she give you three bears though?"
"Because it's supposed to be you, me and Daddy."
"So...(I could honestly see the wheels turning here) were you bears when you got married then?"

I freaking love this age.

No comments:

Post a Comment