Saturday, June 4, 2011

Severe Thunderstorms...?

We woke up to pretty crummy weather this morning. The sky was black and stormy. The power even went out for a bit. There were severe thunderstorm warnings which ended up being more like sort-of-bad-but-we've-had-much-worse-actually-even-just-a-few-days-ago thunderstorms. Ah well. Colouring by candlelight was still pretty novel and entertaining. After lunch the rain let up and we headed outside to play. Well, actually, Zoey fell asleep on my back so I took advantage and cleaned like a mother. Super cleaned. Like steam cleaned carpets kinda cleaning. It was incredibly satisfying. Kyle and Sienna stayed out of my way and enjoyed the semi ok weather.
After Zoey woke up and Sienna and I finished washing windows we cooled off in the pool.
Then after a delicious dinner of slow cooked ribs the girls played like mad in our blow up bouncy toy. We actually bought it on clearance at the end of the first summer we were here.
Two years ago (wow).

It took Kyle an hour blowing it up by mouth. For some reason the hand pump doesn't work on it. I think it was worth it though ;)

Preschooler Thought of the Day

"Why are you wearing a white shirt Daddy?"
"Because I like white, don't you like it?"
"No, you don't look pretty."
"I don't? Who is pretty?"
"I am."
"What about Mommy?"
"No she's not."
"What?!? Yes she is!"
"No. Well, she is when she wears make up."

:|

Annnnd a continuation/clarification during bath time:

"So Sienna...you don't think I'm pretty?!"
"Nope."
"That's not very nice!"
"Well you are pretty when you wear make up. When you don't you're not."
"What! But I don't wear make up very often. I'm not wearing any now."
"Ya. I like your skin. Your skin is pretty."
"Well, thank you I guess. Just my skin? What about the rest of me?"
"Well...you're old."

Double :|

Husband Thought of the Day:

(while the above conversation was happening between her and I)

"That was the greatest conversation I've ever heard. Totally honest and completely serious."

Thanks darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment