Friday, June 17, 2011

Busy Busy

We've had a fairly jam packed week this week. Kyle's been in Toronto working those hours plus my grandma is in town visiting. Add in playdates and preschool reunions and 'must see' kids concerts ;) well...it's been busy...let's leave it at that.
This little guy flew into our window :(
He didn't die. We left him and about an hour later he was gone (YAY!). The next morning Sienna was 'gardening' and found him. "Mama come look! It's that bird!!! Guess he didn't make it after all" Yikes...guess not :(

What a Sienna photo shoot looks like:
So we've hit 'that' stage now. The I want to dress myself stage :| I'm doing my best to just smile and let her. I know it's not the end of the world but I definitely cringe when she chooses certain things.
We're also in the do my own hair phase (double :|)

Brian had a concert at the Kids Hop (Kitchener Market) on Tuesday. We haven't seen him in almost a year so it was a pretty good day ;)
This kid kept pulling her name tag off her back and putting it on himself. Was pretty awesome.
Love the 'can you believe this?' look on her face

We hit up Busy Bees:
And the mall:
The best part of this picture is what was said before (by Arthur):
"Hey Lindsay? My dad has this same pair of sunglasses"
Oh DOES he?? Electric blue with hearts eh? Nice! Remind me to ask him about them the next time I see him!
We've also hit a fun stage with Zo. She's waving hello and goodbye. Sticking out her tongue and blowing raspberries (etc) when you do it. The 'copying' phase. I love it. Here she was banging on the door saying "Da Da Da Da" I went over and asked her if she was looking for Daddy. She turned to me and did this:
I've been attempting to get this kid away from me a little at night. She's been doing really well actually. Perhaps a slow transition to longer sleep segments is in my future! No? Wishful thinking?? Damn ;)
Another 'new thing' She'll stop mid sentence (or whatever she's doing) and say "excuse me one second, someone is calling me on the phone," then go grab the phone and chat away. Funny, because I NEVER talk on the phone. Literally. Never. No idea where she got it from.

We went with GG to Moose Winooskis one day for lunch:
Attempting the word find. Looked like a tough one.
Found it!
Uhh that's a big burger :|
Scooting around Chapters. Ya she was that kid.
We also went to Waterloo Park on Friday for a "Preschool Reunion." Almost all of her classmates (and Mrs. Tidd) met and the park to play. There's a park play date scheduled every two weeks all summer. Pretty awesome.

Preschooler Thought(s) of the Day:

(Kyle was going inside to grab a beer for himeself)

"Hey Dad! While you're in there can you grab me an orange juice?"


(Sienna was laying on the floor and Zoey was 'beating her up,' kind of slapping her chest and pulling at her shirt)

"ZOEY!! Stop. Slapping. My. Boobs! I'm not Mama!!"


"There's pink here, here, here and even here. And you said I didn't match!!"
You're right. I did say that.


No comments:

Post a Comment