Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Park Play Dates??!! Oh HECK ya!

We finally hit the jackpot. Hot, sunny weather and a day to spend it at the park. It. Was. Awesome. We had such a great time. Sienna had a rough go for the first couple hours (and it was a long couple hours...I was most definitely "that" mother...ya know, the mother people are looking at thinking what the HELL is going on with your child) but she pulled through. I think it was a combination of being overwhelmed with so much fun and excitement (she had completely forgotten about Victoria Park) plus a slight mood in the morning that did it. But, like I said, she pulled through. The afternoon went swimmingly. I cannot wait to have this be our regular thing.
Helping fill up the tank on the way to dropping Daddy off at work :)
Apparently this summer will be titled "hands free and heart attacks" pretty sure I lost a few years of my life today
This look has been dubbed "neglectful mommy"...it looks like she's burning when in fact she's not and she just gets that pink when she runs around. I'm sure other parents are thinking 'uh that kid is burning, get some sunscreen on her.'
And Zo did so well. I was worried about her sand/bark mulch/cigarette butt consumption but it was minimal ;)
Ah a new trick...leaping off the tires
Sienna's bad influence rubbing off on Arthur
We took a look at the waterless splash pad, they of course found some gross, sludge filled hole to play in
Such a great day. Except....
EFF.

I definitely did not reapply when I was slathering the girls in spf 500. Kyle says I look like Two Face because the left side of my body is tomato red and the other my pasty white 'regular' tone. Awesome. I foresee a delightful sleep tonight...

Preschooler Thought of the Day:

"Is Arthur here yet?"
"I'm not sure, if he's not he'll be here soon."
"Come on Mama, just text Kristina, that'll answer it!"

Alright...YIKES.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Sienna jumping off the tires is awesome Linds!!! Look at her legs and arms!!! I think I see a very athletic kid here! Should be though by looking at her gene pool, don't ya think! LOL Looks like everyone had a wonderful time and I will be coming to the park with you this summer too!!!

    ReplyDelete