Mother's Day. What to even say about it. It was just...perfect. Even though we had a roughish night with Sienna in bed with us:
I have no idea why she always looks like this when she sleeps...she flip flopped 4 times that night. Head up, then down TWICE. She's the worst.
Sienna was up bright and early (before 7am) and yelled out "Happy Mother's Day!" waking us all. She gave me a hug and said it again (she's been SO excited about it...I'm not sure why really but her going all out with excitement was pretty awesome). Kyle got the girls up and let me sleep. Half an hour later I woke up to Kyle saying "she pooped all over the rug...ALL OVER IT" and running around our bedroom holding Zoey under her arms, naked bum swaying in the wind. Ha. I shot up (obviously) and said:
"What happened??!"
"She pooped! Her diaper was off and she pooped!"
"Well what do you need?" (getting up to help)
"No, no you keep sleeping, I've got it." Uhm. Sure I'll just sleep through it ha. The thought was there :) So I got up to go to the bathroom and Sienna was sitting on the couch looking slightly traumatized. She saw me, got a huge grin then yelled "Happy Mothers Day Mama! Zoey pooped on the carpet!" You can't make this stuff up. OK, you could, but, it was just perfect. Felt like a movie :)
I went back to bed and at 830 Sienna came barreling through the door, gifts in hand. Kyle apologized and said he held her off as long as he could. I believed him. I got cards and gifts and more hugs. Again, perfect. Kyle brought me coffee then I got up and had the amazing breakfast they had made me. At about 930 Zoey was getting tired. I took her back to bed with me and slept until 1145!!!! It. was. perfect. Kyle had to wake me up! We had planned on going to Elora with my parents and Nanny at noon ha. I called and told them we would be a bit late ;)
I hate to be that a-hole that says "oh Mother's Day isn't that important because I feel appreciated and blessed every day." But I do. I'm definitely one of the lucky ones that have an amazing husband that appreciates me and tell me he does. Of course we have our days but overall, damn, I'm pretty lucky :)
Husband Thought of the Day:
(I think Sienna's "Zoey pooped!" will suffice for the Preschooler Thought)
(Driving back from Elora)
"So did you have a good Mother's Day?"
"Yes...it was pretty great!"
"You are a pretty good mom ya know"
"Thanks"
"I'm pretty lucky"
"Yep...you are! Ha"
"But seriously, imagine you weren't a good mom!?! What would I do?? If I just came home and had to be like 'uhhhmm WHAT are you doing with that kid???! You can't just leave her there! Uhhhh y
ou have to change her diapers!"
(laughing obviously) "Haha I don't know!"
"I bet it happens. I bet there are people out there, just terrible at being moms."
"I'm sure there are. Sad."
"No I mean, they mean well but they're just terrible. Like 'ya my mom...she's just awful. I know she loves me and she tries so damn hard...but...she's just the worst."
Alright...ha....guess that's how my compliments come these days. Wrapped up in a future script ;)
"I bet it happens. I bet there are people out there, just terrible at being moms."
"I'm sure there are. Sad."
"No I mean, they mean well but they're just terrible. Like 'ya my mom...she's just awful. I know she loves me and she tries so damn hard...but...she's just the worst."
Alright...ha....guess that's how my compliments come these days. Wrapped up in a future script ;)

























No comments:
Post a Comment