It's been a few days since my last post. We've been busy :) Plus I've been pretty exhausted by the time 8pm rolls around. So here's a little update and a lot of pictures ;)
Thursday was a big day for us. Well a big day in the life of a 3 year old is more like it. Thus making it a big day for all of us ha. First, it was Backwards Day at preschool (a huge moment in anyone's life of course!). For whatever reason, this is one of the 'days' she was most excited for. The were supposed to dress backwards and then there were cute little things they did 'backwards' all day. The entire routine was backwards. So instead of play time first, circle time, snack/art time, then outside play, they started off with outside play and worked 'backwards.' This, of course, was so incredibly amazing to Sienna. Ha. It was a good day.
Backwards French braids
Coat and backpack on backwards OF COURSE!
We spent the afternoon playing...
Then headed back to school after dinner for....Sienna's Art Show!
Mimi and Papa joined
The kids all painted on canvas and one of the duty day moms recorded what they said while they were painting. Then the art was hung up on the walls and the description was posted next to it. It was hilarious and so sweet.
Beautiful
She was pretty proud.
Showing Papa the ropes. It was his first time at preschool
This look definitely screams "I love art!"
also, "I'm pretty tired!"
Our favorite description.
The red dot on it means this piece of art was purchased. It wasn't just your ordinary preschool art show it was also a fundraiser for the school. You (or anyone else) could purchase your child's art.
They also had other art on display (and hand prints ;)). My mom said "well, I think she likes those zig zag scissors hey?" Ha, uhm ya. She comes home with cut up 'art' all. the. time.
There was also fancy drinks...
And specialty cheeses (ok it was just cheddar...)
This look just screams "I'm pretty tired."
It was a pretty fabulous, fancy evening.
Friday we just hung around home. It was a beautiful sunny day so we spent it outside. I had been pumping because Kristina and I were going to Canada's Wonderland Saturday. All day. Just us. :-o So Sienna joined right in of course.
"Why are you pumping?"
"I have to. Minnie's dad is going to be taking care of her while I go out with my friend"
Oh yes, she helped me clean the pool as well
Almost ready for swimming
I am just SO pleased with the return of 'super smile'
Two years ago
We also filled up our 'chipmunk' feeder and Sienna put little piles of seeds on the bricks around the garden for Chip. He would creep up and stuff his cheeks full.
Can you see him? How about now...
"Uh Mama...I have sand IN my belly button?!"
"It feels weird." Well...YA
Both of them were filthy. Ah the return of pre dinner baths...
Zoey is officially wider than Sienna :|
Saturday was the big day. A while back Kristina and I were talking about roller coasters (and our love of them). It came up that neither one of our husbands really enjoyed them. We decided her and I would go to Wonderland as a joint birthday thing. I was pretty nervous as Zoey is anti bottle. But, with a little pushing and reassuring on Kyle's part we stuck with our plan and off we went. Well....it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I can't believe how much fun it was and how much it recharged my mama batteries so to speak. It was awesome.
The Behemoth. The first one we went on. It was ridiculous and scary and the greatest ride in the world.
We did do a lot of waiting in line. It was never too bad, that's just how it goes at amusement parks. It's funny, we both said how before kids we would have been impatient and slightly annoyed at all the waiting. Now, it was heaven. Just standing and relaxing, chatting and enjoying the weather, not having to worry about the kids?? Uh...perfection!
This 'swing' was insane. Was new this year and called The Windseeker. It was SO high. We didn't get a chance to go on it because they closed it due to some issue. Ah well. Next time.
This one was insane. You went around once forward, then once backwards. Awesome.
These drinks were possibly the highlight. You bought the 'souvenir cup' for $5. Then it was refillable all day for $2. Actually, not just all day but all season. So if we ever happen to go back I'll have to pry it out of Sienna's hands and take it with me ;) I've never tasted a better slushy. It was a little ridiculous how many times we said "what do they PUT in this??!"
This was around 7ish. The line for the Behemoth. RIDICULOUS! We waited for like half an hour at the beginning of the day. The actual line up space doesn't even start until right under the roller coaster. They had to bring out pylons to contain the line. Like I said, ridiculous. We were going to go on it again but decided against it ha.
Annnnd we finished our day with a foot long hot dog. Of course.
We didn't get home until after 11. Very pleased to say Zoey did fabulously. No she didn't drink any milk, well she had a little in a sippy, but nothing substantial apparently. She chowed on regular food and made up for the lack of milk at night ha. Actually, not really. She was up a bit but no more than a 'not great' night regularly. Kyle did awesome and I'm so grateful. She was sleeping peacefully when I got home.
Sunday we hung around home during the day. The weather was beautiful again so we got to enjoy it outside. In the evening we headed to Mowhawk Racetrack for their Victoria Day festivities. All I can say is I'm SO glad we went. What a hit. Sienna had an amazing time. She stayed up and insisted on the fireworks. Best of all, it was FREE. It was a perfect night.
Kyle thinks any 'posed' pictures look stupid. So I get smiles like this when I ask for them. Nice.
Fishing for a prize. She won stickers.
"It's Rapunzel from TANGLED!"
She even talked to her. Those of you who know her know this was a pretty big deal.
"She asked me my name and I even told her 'Sienna'!"
Zoey even enjoyed herself.
She was surprisingly into the horse racing. Yelling at the horses. Picking one she thought would win. Being disappointed when they didn't (then laughing at it). She was explaining the whole thing to me at this point. Finger waiving.
At about 730 we were thinking about leaving, then she remembered I had mentioned there was face painting (ugh...my mistake...hindsight eh?). The line up was about as long as the ridiculous one for the Behemoth so we tried to convince her otherwise. You can imagine how that went. We did tell her if she complained about the wait we were outta there. She did shockingly well.
Passing the time...
It ended up being 45 minutes. Not bad. Not great.
But worth it :)
There was also crafting
"I made this for my friend Arthur!" Ha.
This guy was pretty creepy. Motorized yellow monster on a bike who talked to you. She loved him though.
"Can I take my shoes off? My feet need to air out" I'm sure they do. It's 930pm, you can do pretty much whatever you want.
"Can I eat the rest of my hot dog?" See above response...;)
And Zoey had fun too. She slept on and off in the carrier but woke up just in time for the fireworks.
We were genuinely surprised at how well both of them did. They both passed out as soon as we got in the car. We didn't get home until 1130. I loved it. They did so great.
Monday was a lazy day around the house. Recovering from our late night at the track ha. The weather was ok. Sporadic sunshine and rain. We got outside when we could. Zoey spiked a fever. Her poor little body felt like a potato right out of the oven. She was ok. Just wanted to be held and slept a lot. She's still nursing a cold so I'm not sure if it's a new cold or teeth or something else. We'll see. She still managed to terrorize the kitty.











































































No comments:
Post a Comment