Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Deja Vu?

This last week a few things have happened that have made me say "Ugh...didn't we just do this??"

Like...getting mastitis again. Or...having our freaking car go back in the shop :(
But with a new ignition coil and a round of strong antibiotics our pretty much brand new car and I are doing just fine.

Among the slightly disastrous, we had a few wonderful repeats. Like spending some time with the Picks at Playfit:
Are you tired Zo?
Didn't think so...

And at our place:
To be fair I did tell them to "go get some popsicle sticks out of your craft bin"

In addition to the "regulars" we ventured out and did some "never befores!" like...

Have a Learn to Crochet party! The amazing Aimee taught 3 of us moms (kids in tow I might add) how to crochet a beanie!
With all the chit chat and kid-corralling we only got started. But we learned all the stitches and the pattern...
That's right. I'm crochetin' a hat.
Kyle totally laughed at my sad thread ball ha. I'll get it done then post an 'after' shot. You'll see. You'll SEE.

I attempted a dinner out with the two girls by myself. But then Pops and Meems tagged along :D
They both did great. I was so pleased.

We ventured out to Fergus again and Jenn and her kids showed us a park we've never been to:

The girls repaired the steps...
Zoey learned how to get up and out of by herself...
The scene in the morning most days. Sienna and I will get up early then Zo wanders out as she pleases. I love it.

Zoey tried spinach dip...
And Oreos :|
We rocked some fall clothes...
We went to a Rangers game...
We took both girls to Birtch Farms apple picking...
I knew it was only a matter of time before she got into the apples when I put them in the wagon
Which one...
Yep
Ha. They came shooting down the slide
This was actually his face when they reached the bottom ha.
The most ridiculous part of our day:
He just ran over to a ball and hopped on (note my finger on the lens...I was so not prepared to capture what I did ha...I just knew I needed to snap some pictures):
I was right.

Love my girls expressions...
Ha.

And the annual picture:
2009
2010 2011

I think she was standing on that little stump last year and this year was a little slouchy because it looks like she hasn't grown at all ha. But according to our growth chart (and her preschool's) she most definitely has. Different jeans this year...but same vest.

And the biggest brand new thing we did this week?
Sienna met her teacher for JK!

She did great. She went in saying "I don't ever want to go to school!" and "I want you to stay with me!" She walked out after and said "I can't WAIT to go to school on the bus all by myself!"

Oh and one more 'never befores?"

Matching head injuries...
OK Zoey's was just a little bump in the tub. Still.
Sienna smashed her head on the kitchen table. Her first goose egg. Ahh I love milestones.
Luckily Mimi was around to take Zoey since she was woken from the screams:
Nothin' a little freezie won't fix.

Preschooler Thought of the Day:

"How's my head look now Mama?"
"It looks better. Still bad...but better!"
"Good. I was talking to my noggin' and it told me it would be better when I asked you."




No comments:

Post a Comment