Monday, December 13, 2010

Days 334-338 - Whoops :)

I've been slacking I KNOW. To be honest I wouldn't have even done a blog tonight but I knew if I didn't I probably wouldn't until the new year. As most of you know we're leaving for BC on Saturday and blogging has once again moved to the bottom of the list. Kudos to those people who keep up with it because it really is hard. Anyway, here's some snippets from the last few days :)

Thursday Sienna decided to be more defiant and stubborn than usual. To be fair it was my fault for one, saying to Kyle that she's been wonderful lately and two, picking the wrong battle. We got home from preschool and she was (as usual lately) in a fabulous mood. She was chomping away on some Juicy Fruit (ha I know) and it fell out of her mouth onto the floor. I asked her to pick it up. She said "NO." It kind of snowballed from there. Four hours later the gum was finally picked up (insert horrible, tear and every-possible-discipline-tried filled afternoon in between here :) ). ANYWAY...I wasn't up for blogging that night. Even though she was back to her fabulous sweet self right after like NOTHING happened. Ugh.
The morning of. Obviously in a great mood ha.

Friday my mom and I took the girls shopping. Even though I didn't get a lot done (Mom got a little) it was such a nice day. Both girls were great. Felt like we hadn't had a nice girls day out in a while.
Sienna has been missing Kyle a lot lately. She was talking to this headless mannequin like it was him. "Guess what day it is? SATURDAY! And you get to stay home ALL day today!" Then she would hug and snuggle it. It was slightly horrifying and most definitely heart breaking. But also cute. I couldn't get a good shot on the iPhone. It's ridiculous actually. I've been asked a million times what I want for Christmas and I honestly say "nothing" because I really don't want or need anything. But looking through these pictures I should have been asking for a nice little camera. Ah well...hindsight ha ;)

Friday night just before bed Sienna made me close my eyes because she wanted to make me a "birthday surprise."
I walked into the Kitchen after she called me in to see my fridge looking suspiciously bare...
I hesitantly opened the door...
SURPRISE!! You're going to be spending a half an hour after Sienna goes to bed picking letters and magnetic puzzle pieces out of the fridge!

What was an even bigger surprise (ok not really) was that Sienna couldn't sleep. She ended up being up until 11pm. It was insane. It wasn't her fault, she fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept too late in the evening. She wasn't being bad she just honestly couldn't sleep. I got her up and we watched a little TV and snuggled. Wrapped a few Christmas presents. It was kinda nice. Especially since Kyle didn't get home until midnight. Kept me company :)

Saturday Daddy was home!!!
And this picture is a perfect example of why I'm taking her to get a hair cut this week. YIKES.

Then we went over to Travis and Kristina's for a little Christmas get together. The kids exchanged presents and we all pigged out. Mat, Celia and Erika were supposed to be there as well but Erika came down with a cold, poor kid. It was a great time as always.
The dolls Sienna and Arthur got. HUGE hit.
And Zoey just chillin' watching everyone enjoy themselves.

Sunday we got a decent snow fall. My parents agreed to watch Sienna for a few hours while Kyle and I powered through some Christmas shopping. Most definitely our least organized Christmas to date but I blame the new born. And yes, I will be using that excuse until she's 5 thank you very much. My parents put Sienna right to work of course. And she loved every second :)
"Tweety" the snowman. Nice to see she's expanding on names, not everyone has to be cheese or salad ;)

We then joined them for a delicious ham dinner. Complete with claymation Rudolph for dessert.
Seriously, all snuggled in with my girl watching a Christmas classic that I used to watch when I was little? Perfection.
Scared of the abominable snowman

To start the week off (the same way we've been starting off the week for a while now it seems) we went to Tot Spot with the Pick's. Always a great time. Even though our morning started out with smiles and snuggles and "take a picture of us Mama!"
We hit a little snag. Our car doors were frozen shut. In all my experience with the cold and wind and snow and freezing everything I've never had doors so frozen I couldn't open them. Shocking isn't it? After a few "aw crap" texts I got advice to grab the hair dryer. I worked at it for like 10 minutes with -21 wind chill in my hatless face (I figured I would just be going from the house to the car to Tot Spot so why would I need a hat?) until I gave up. Luckily Kristina was conversing with Sasha (the owner) at Tot Spot and she suggested hot water. It was definitely a "ta da!" moment and a "why didn't I think of that??!" all rolled up into one. Worked like a charm and we were off!

And just before dinner I finally set up the exersaucer :)
And it's as big of a hit at home as it was at Busy Bees.

And after a trying few evenings with my girls and bed time (in addition to Sienna's 11pm-er Friday, Zoey has been up until 10pm and later lately) they've rewarded me with simultaneous sleep. At 730 no less. I'm going to sit back and watch a few Modern Family (if you haven't watched this show drop what you are doing and do so NOW) and wait for Kyle to finally get home. It took him almost 4 hours to get to work today. Gotta love the first big snowfall in the GTA. People lose their minds like it was Vancouver or something ;)

I also have to say a big huge HAPPY 5TH (wow!) BIRTHDAY to my beautiful niece Austyn. I love you sweet girl and I can't wait to see you SO soon!!!!
Isn't she a doll? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment