Sunday, October 10, 2010

Days 263-274 - September 29-October 10

So I've decided to be lazy. The thought of going through a million pictures of the last few weeks is daunting, and quite frankly, I'm too tired and would rather snuggle my babes during down time opposed to picture browsing. SO...I'm going to post a link to two Facebook albums instead. They're not even mine, I stole them from Kyle. He's done a good job finding good ones though so why should both of us put in the time? Ha. So for those of you who read this and aren't on Facebook/don't check regularly/etc etc you can see what we've been up to. The week before Zoey was born Kyle's parents were here. It was such a great visit. I don't want to think about it too much because it was way too short and I miss them so much my heart hurts. Plus I'm rounding out day 5 post partum and my hormones I'm sure are wild :) Let's just say it was kind of nice to still be pregnant for the majority of their visit. We got out and did a lot of things I'm sure I would've missed out on with a new baby. Yes I was uncomfortable and slightly miserable (ok maybe more than slightly ;) ) and SO ready for baby. But in general it was wonderful it worked out that way. Plus Sienna got a LOT of quality Grandma and Grandpa time in. Ok...hormones....moving on...



BIRTH STORY :)
***warning...possibly too much information for some so reader beware ;) ***

So like I had previously mentioned, after my non stress test Sunday I was put in the induction list for Monday. Well...they got busy and I didn't get the call to go in. It was a slightly emotional night because we were all just sick of waiting honestly. Plus I had officially given up hope on going into labour on my own. The OB had said Tuesday was already super busy and booked at the hospital so my thought was that we wouldn't get a call Tuesday either. That left Wednesday and Wednesday night Kyle's parents were leaving. I was definitely beyond disappointed. Even though an induction was the last thing I wanted I was so ready to have one.

Lucky for us I woke up at 3:30am with contractions. They were mild and I was doubtful they would progress because let's face it, I'd been there 20 times before with nothing to show for it. I waited for a while, started timing them. OK, they were getting stronger and closer. I decided to wake up Kyle at 4:30. Not really sure why because they definitely weren't incredibly painful yet. Guess I just had a feeling. I insisted we try to sleep because I could still manage to fall asleep in between them. Kyle got up and made coffee around 5am ha. At 6am we called the midwife. They had been regular, getting stronger/longer etc. for over an hour (that's when we were supposed to call) but I could still talk through them. By 7am I couldn't...Nicole got to our place just after 7am, checked me and said I was 5cm. Initially I thought "are ya kidding?" ha, but then she said my cervix was very thin and short. She said things could progress very quickly from here and if we wanted a hospital birth we had to leave now. The tone of her voice kind of made Kyle and I panic a little honestly. So we were off. By the time we were in the hospital room (I just have to say God I love that car ride to the hospital...sense sarcasm) it was 8am. By 10am I was 10cm. While Nicole was checking she realized Zoey was completely posterior now. I guess that's why she seemed surprised it was taking so "long." She thought baby would be out much faster. If she was turned the right way she would have been. But now she had to turn. Well let's just say the positions they had me in to do that will be burned into my mind forever. Most of Sienna's labour and actually most of Zoey's have already began to fade but man...turning her. Something else ;) Luckily she turned relatively easily. Including the push to turn her she was out in 4 pushes. I got to reach down and "catch" her myself. Again...something else. Kyle cut the cord. We huddled around our 10 pound 7 ounce "little" girl 2 1/2 hours after arriving at the hospital. It was amazing. Wonderful. Indescribable. With Sienna I had different drugs throughout those 26 hours, ending with an epidural at the 24 hour mark. It's definitely a completely different experience. Don't get me wrong, I was begging for "the drugs" by 9:30 ha. I'm SO glad I didn't get them though. It was intense and insane but it was incredible.

Kyle called our family to tell them the news and they arrived at 11:30 with Sienna. Another indescribable experience. Just when I thought I couldn't love her more...she blew me away. She's done so incredibly well. I really couldn't ask for more. From either of the girls actually. We're just really having an amazing time. Our days are filled with so much fun and love. I'm really so proud of all of us. I'm not going to go into detail about what we've done on a daily basis but it's been so wonderful. I know I keep using the same words to describe everything but I can't think of any others. I want to get back to the daily pictures etc. though so starting tomorrow I'm going to try to get back at it. No promises. Just because Zoey has been doing so well so far doesn't mean anything! I just couldn't be happier. I'm so in love. With Kyle, with my girls, with life. It's really been perfect.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birth story! Congrats, Zoey is a sweetheart. Also, Congrats to BIG sister Sienna. The pics are all awesome!!! I love reading your blog. Take Care and post when you can :)

    ReplyDelete