The past few days we've all been sick again. Sienna was the first to get it. Woke up, middle of the night Wednesday with a raging fever. Poor kid. She was out of commission Thursday. No school for her.
Zoey was feeling (as was I), and was attempting to help make her big sis' feel better.
By offering her every toy she could get her hands on.
Sienna was a good sport as usual.
We did a bit of crafting to pass the time.
And were delighted to discover our grass had grown from Emily's birthday party treat bag!
But the majority of our day was spent asleep in a fever induced sweat :(
Friday, the rest of us were hit. Sienna was feeling way better, so she took on the role of care giver...
I tried to throw some fun into the mix and we made ice cube boats for the bath:
Huuuuge hit
Saturday Kyle and I were still feeling pretty awful. Sienna and Zoey on the other hand, were feeling pretty fantastic (minus a few runny noses). It was tough keeping them entertained, but we managed too...with a few dance parties...
She was clearly not that impressed with Nicki's addition to the song :|
Kyle did get Sienna out in the fresh air for a bit while Zo napped.
Sienna's been making her own picture frames these days out of card stock. She fished this grad picture of Breanne out of a photo album. Guess she misses her as much as I do??
To make up for Mommy's lack of patience, we stayed up late to catch the full moon (biggest of the year ya know!)
Today we were all feeling much better. We were also feeling a little restless. Three days at home is a bit much for this crowd. We headed on a mini road trip to Mississauga to the flea market! Good times were had by all.
Yes...this was a market find.
As was THIS:
Sienna used some of her (long) saved "Nanny money" to make this purchase. Ridiculously cheap. Now we have a place for all their Playmobil, Lalaloopsy, Barbie...My Little Pony...and on and on and on....
The girls were THRILLED. Flea market success!
Kindergartner Thought of the Day:
Remember how I mentioned Mommy's lack of patience? Well, Saturday, Sienna and I got into it. You know, one of those instances where you stop and realize you're arguing with a 4 year old?? Hey, I don't do sick well, cut me some slack ;) Well after we "had words," Sienna marched into the train room to her art easel and yelled to me:
"Mom...how do you spell talking?"
(I proceeded to help her)
"What about jail?"
(again, helped her)
"What about never?"
"....and again....and into?"
I had a hunch what was going on, but had to confirm it. I walked in there to see my first hate note.
"Sienna is never talking to mama again...go into jail."
I wish I had snapped a picture. Unfortunately she erased it immediately after I saw it and was totally embarrassed ha. I bit my cheeks to stop from laughing and we made up. Gotta love 4 year olds. A story for her wedding day I imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment