Yes it's been beyond long since I last posted. We travelled to Prince George, then spent the last week and a half recouping. Life is pretty much back in order and Zoey is finally going to bed at a decent hour. She was up well past 10 for quite a while, disproving the "they'll do just fine going east" theory. Sienna did alright though.
I want to get back to the more regular posts (yes I realize I'm starting to sound like a broken record). So, once again, I apologize for the insane amount of pictures :)
Ready for our plane ride
Packing assistant
Sister snuggles
Then we were off!
OK first we were at the airport in Toronto...
THEN, we were off
A little in between flight entertainment
Nothin' like a developing a raging migraine during your stopover in Vancouver :|
Lucky for me Zoey cooperated and we both slept on the 150 degree flight up to PG
Yes I know I look like death. I felt it too.
Arriving at Grandma and Grandpa's!
The cousins came over shortly after :D
Bedtime stories
Three hour time difference is rough on those little bodies
Just so. much. fun.
And a lot of love being thrown around ;)
Seeing Jess and her boys :D
Poor kid. Attempted to stay up...didn't quite make it
Ipad play in the morning
Pure joy from this dog. It was ridiculous.
Helping Grandpa out at the rink
New interest on the trip. Yikes
The infamous 90's party (and the worst pants ever)
Notice how I wasn't the only one who discovered amazing high waisted, tapered, purple pants
I know, I know. What's my secret right?
Reunited besties
Visiting Auntie Breanne and "Grandma" Betty (and "Grandpa" Brian ;))
Karaoke
Then it got cold :|
Like -40 cold...and dry. Man was it dry.
A visit from Adam and Emma :D
Cousin love :)
Grandpa love :)
Grandma love :)
Possibly my favorite picture haha
And then...
It was time to go home :(
We didn't take the cold with us
But we sure took the hair
Good ol' TO
The trip went by so fast it seemed. I was tearing up looking at these pictures. I miss everyone so much already. Every time we go back I always feel like it's not long enough. Hopefully we'll be able to make another trip back soon.
In the meantime...it's back to this:
This:
And this:
:|
We were also welcomed home with a nasty bout of strep throat. I say nasty because Sienna's lymph nodes looked like this:
Yet she didn't complain at all about the pain. We actually took her to the doctor for unexplained swollen lymph nodes :| They gave us some antibiotics and scared us with "it's possibly a blood disorder so keep an eye on it" only to call us two days later to say "yep...strep...finish those meds!" Why she kept claiming her throat felt fine I'll never know. I want to die when I've got it. Either she's super kid or I'm a super wimp. Either way, she's doing great now. Her neck is even almost back to non-wrestler size.
Other than that our days have been filled with getting back into regular life. Adjusting back to Ontario time, school, cleaning, birthday parties, appointments, even a little play time in there ;)
Sienna was done with Lego about 10 minutes before I took this picture :|
A couple major events around here (other than Sienna's first school friend birthday and a stellar dentist appointment :) ) was Sienna's bunk beds going up:
She's thrilled. The transition from our big family bed style sleeping to her in the bunk bed has gone wonderfully. Our next step is to night wean Zoey (ugh) and move her into Sienna's room as well. Big changes happening around the Hart household. BIG.
Pretty exciting lives we lead over here ;)
In addition to the room shuffling we have had a little more excitement around these parts with a houseguest:
No she's not ours. We're just dogsitting for a friend while they get their house up on the market and move!!
Helpful for them. SO. MUCH. FUN. for us!
:|
She's a complete nut and we couldn't love her more :) Sienna has a perma grin plastered on her face and Zoey has mastered "puppy" and "Daisy" already. It's going to be a sad day when this sweetheart goes back home ;)
Kindergartner Thought of the Day:
(Rummaging through Lego)
"Mama, can you help me find a window?"
"Sure....here ya go"
"Thanks....find any doors?"
"Ya, here's one."
"Thanks...what about green pieces?? For the grass? Matter of fact, if ya find anything I might happen to need just pass it over."
Alright...
(Kyle singing)
"Simply having a wonderful Christmas time!"
"Daaaaaddddy!"
"What?"
"Just stop it! Please!"
"What?! Why??"
"It's just...it's just horrible!"
(visiting with Breanne and her parents Zoey started fussing and ripping at my shirt, I knew she wanted to nurse but I was trying to push it)
"Mom! She wants the boob!"
"I know sweetie"
"Well then get it out and give it to her!!!"
(making up silly lyrics to Wheels on the Bus)
(me) "The Sienna's on the bus go *snort* *snort* *snort* (like a pig)"
"Mama, no."
"What?!"
"Sienna's don't do that! Mimi does that!"
No comments:
Post a Comment