Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Come ON!

So the week started out wonderfully. We spent Monday morning playing and finishing up Valentine's Day stuff for Sienna's school. Then we ventured to Tot Spot around noon. Met Kristina and her boys and had a blast as usual. I don't know if/how I'm going to explain to Sienna about it closing. It's going to break her little heart!
She was being a super hero
Yep that's my scarf
She was sprinting around then bending over and yelling "SUPERRRR HERROOOOO!"
Then leaping in the air. It was pretty awesome ha.

I was trying to get a decent picture of the two of them and Sienna was being oh so cooperative. OK Sienna smile nicely
Come on, smile nicely
Thank you Zoey, now Sienna let's get a nice one of you
Sienna come on, a nice one!
Alright...nevermind
This is a pretty common scene in our house lately. Zoey is totally obsessed with the cat. Stares and smiles at her then screams when she runs away. She grabbed her tail a while back and for some reason Janie actually figured it out that this baby is bad news ha
Another common scene, Sienna in the exersaucer. She was totally stuck and yelling for help, so naturally I took a picture
She wanted a picture of her hair standing up
Trying to convince Felix to crawl for the first time on camera
Ha LOVE Felix's expression here. I can't even put it into words haha

After Tot Spot we stopped by Chapters to get a cover for the Kobo Reader I got Kyle. Of course we had to spend a little time in the kids play area.
Tuesday was Sienna's Valentine's Day party at preschool. She was excited. That's putting it unbelievably mildly. I'm pretty sure she loves Valentine's Day more than Christmas. No idea why but she was kind of ridiculous. She was actually not really herself in the morning. In fact, if it wasn't party day I probably would've kept her home. She didn't seem sick or anything, just, not herself. Super sensitive and whiny. But off she went. They were all so cute when I picked her up. So excited about all their cards and treats. I freaking love holidays now they we have kids. So. Much. Fun!

When we got home Sienna's mood was completely different. She was being SO good. She just went about her day playing nicely. Called me into her room to show me that she got all her craft stuff out and made a craft all by herself. She was so proud. (Best idea ever on my part by the way, moving her crafting supplies under her bed so she could craft as she pleases)
She was so helpful and loving with Zo.

And then suddenly:
FEVER!

Kind of out of no where. She still had this lingering cough thing from the last cold but other than that no other symptoms. Just a mild fever. I have to say I hate fevers. They scare the crap out of me. And really there's nothing more terrifying than your baby feeling like she just came out of the oven. It's shocking really. Poor kid. She was generally in good spirits though.
Then she wasn't:
She was cold and achy and pretty miserable.

We went to bed fairly early and she was up every 45 minutes. Almost down to the minute. It was not fun. Of course Zoey slept decently. They never have great night on the same night. That would just make things too easy wouldn't it?! Needless to say, we woke up to this:
My poor kid. She really had a fever when she woke up. Really hot so I gave her some Advil. She asked me to carry her to the couch because she was "just so so sick Mama." She stayed there for about half an hour until the meds kicked in and then she was doing ok.
Then she was really doing ok. She wanted to bake. Sounded good to me! I was already nervous about cabin fever setting in since we just did the whole stay at home for a week thing and that nutty feeling was just under the surface. Problem was she wanted to make cupcakes with icing...and I had nothing in a box or a can. All from scratch. Not the greatest venture with two clingy kids. Especially when I didn't have icing sugar and had to make this finicky icing. Awesome. Ah well, it worked out in the end (minus her being angry that the icing was too sticky-insert me almost throwing cupcakes against the wall here-).
Even Zoey helped ;)
"Did you eat some batter?"
"Uhhhhhh no?"
"Is that a question?"
"Uhhhhh...yes?"
And cue ridiculous laughter
Goofball. I really had high hopes for my feverish child! Then 3pm hit. She crashed. BIG time.
Yes that's her head inside the pillow case
But Zoey slept too!!! Miraculous!! Two sleeping babes? I tried my hardest but could not fall asleep. Ah well I at least got some resting done :)
She was sleeping with her head face down in the bed at one point, snoring like mad
She woke up with the fever back. I tried to get her to eat with no luck. More Advil and bed. Cue the baby. She has this absolutely awful cough now too. She also has no voice. Her cry sounds like this screaming/silent mess and it's heartbreaking. I finally got her to sleep at 1045pm. She was up off and on from about 1130 on. She wouldn't nurse, she wouldn't take a soother, she wouldn't relax. Poor Sienna kept waking up because of it so finally just after 1am I got up and out of bed. I walked and walked and walked. She cried and whimpered and cried and whimpered. She finally went to sleep around 430am.

Rough day today.

Sienna woke up at 7 only to ask to be moved to the couch. Again with a fever. She said she felt awful and complained that her arms and legs hurt. Poor kid. She stayed on the couch all morning.
Until I gave her some more Advil. Then she was up and playing again. Zoey was a miserable mess all day. High pitch scream/silent crying for most of it. Glued to my hip. I just love cold and flu season! We did manage to make a banana loaf. Got some crafting, colouring and playing done while ibuprofen worked its magic. She was her semi happy self! Then the dreaded 3pm hit. She powered down like one of her toys whose batteries were dying. Asked for a blanket and pillow and The Wiggles. Alright, she hasn't watched The Wiggles since she was like 18 months but ok. On it went. I went into the bedroom to put Zo down for a nap and came out to this:
Poor kid slept from 330-530. Zoey of course didn't go down until 430 so I couldn't nap but it was definitely nice both girls got a decent sleep in. Although Sienna woke up once again burning up and miserable. My dad came for dinner so that was nice. It's always hard to get motivated to cook anything decent when it's just Sienna and I. For the last two weeks it's been really hard because she's been sick and not that interested in food. Same went for tonight. I finally convinced her to eat some salad and bread. No go with the tortellini but at least she had something in her belly. She hadn't eaten anything all day (including the banana loaf we made...it was shocking). She is drinking a ton of water so at least there's that. I gave her another dose of Advil and she flipped into her sick alter ego self, happy and pleasant.

We got a little parcel in the mail today from Grandma and Grandpa Hart. A Valentine's Day package. Sienna lost her mind a little of course:
Nothing like cards and stickers and books and candy to brighten a sick 3 year olds day! She had to call them right away to thank them.

No wonder Sienna loves Valentine's Day. The girls were spoiled this year. Cards from GG (Great Grandma Cheal) and Nanny. Both sets of grandparents. Not bad at all! Even with all the fever and coughs and sickness we managed a couple "thank you" calls to them too :)

Even with the long nap Sienna was out cold by 8pm. Zoey quickly followed. I managed to sneak out around 9, only to go back and forth to soothe Zoey. I'm telling you, that cry is something else. I think I'll have to record it. Between going in and attempting to blog I sit and listen to coughing fits. Mainly Zo's but occasionally Sienna's. Ugh. Poor girls :( Gotta love winter time. It dangles good health in front of you for a day or two then snatches it away. Ugh. I feel like washing my entire house with bleach to get all the germs out. Comes with the territory I suppose. Well, it'll be spring soon and we can open all the doors and air the place out. Hopefully we have a decent night and Sienna wakes up fever free. If not I think we'll be making a trip to the doctor. I'm just worried this cough thing is a chest infection and that's where the fevers coming from. Anyway, here's hoping! That's all we can do. Hope...and medicate ha ;) Off to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment