Monday, April 23, 2012

WOOHOO!

Today was an exciting one around the Hart household. This morning kicked off with an impromptu play date. Nothing like laid back company that keeps the little ones entertained.

Insane cuteness

After our guests left we were a little adventurous. We went up to Mimi's for a visit and....

Guess what we tried??!!!

No issues! She gulped it down like it was candy. I'm SO happy. So is she. She was super excited and proud of herself. It was incredibly nerve wracking and I may have calm-yelled "I KNOW YOU FEEL OK BUT HOW DOES YOUR THROAT FEEL??!" She was such a champ though. "I feel fine Mama, it's ok." Ugh. Such an odd feeling really. Kyle jumped on the experimental bandwagon and brought home....

And once again...NO issue.

"I want to eat this every day for breakfast!" AMAZING.


We're not going to start basing all our meals around almonds and hazelnuts, but we are going to try to keep incorporating in her diet. See where it goes. It's really a bizarre feeling. Happiness mixed with pride?? I don't know where the pride comes in ha. She isn't accomplishing anything by not having a reaction to eating something. Something she has absolutely no control over. She also wasn't missing anything by not eating those things. Maybe that's more it, that she's handled all of this allergy stuff better than I could have imagined. She's just so sweet, and innocent, and so unfazed by it all. Maybe it's just because I get slightly (ok majorly) emotional over this stuff. She's just the best and I friggin hate she even has to do this. Who knows. What I do know, is that I'm so so happy for her. It's something and I'll take it. It was a good good day :)

Kindergartner Thought of the Day:

Aimee brought over a hamper she's no longer using today and gave it to Sienna to use. She is thrilled. It's a little sad actually how happy it made her. Anyway, with this hamper has come a lot of (self declared) responsibility.

Sienna: "Now I can just throw my dirty clothes in it in my room!"

Me: "Yep!"

Sienna: "I don't have to run back and forth, get undressed, run to your room, run back to my room, get dressed..."

Me: "That's true."

Sienna: "Hey! How about I put Zoey's clothes in there too! That would be less laundry for you to do."

Me: "Won't I still be doing your laundry?"

Sienna: (looks at me like I have three heads) "Uhhh...NO! I'll do all my own laundry now. You might have to help a bit."

Me: "OK that sounds good to me!"

Sienna (wheels turning): "And...actually...if Zo will be sleeping in my room soon....well...I'll just start taking care of her!" (sits and thinks some more)

Sienna(turns to Zo and whispers): "Zoey, I'll just take care of you. What about if now I'm your mom and mommy is just my mom? What do you think?"

Zoey "No"

Sienna "But I'll just take care of you because now I know as much as Mama and Daddy do...."

Zoey "No" (walks over and clings to me) "Mama!"

Sienna (back to normal talking voice, sighs) "Mama? I don't think that will work. Maybe you can still be the mom but I'll just help you a lot?"

"Sure that sounds great sweetheart."

No comments:

Post a Comment