Sunday, April 22, 2012

Play dates, Mom/daughter dates and birth dates

It really seems like the weeks are flying by. How it's almost May I'll never know. We've kept fairly busy so I suppose that helps. Also helps that I was out of commission Tuesday due to a migraine. Lucky for us, Kyle was able to stay home and I could stay in bed. Shocking how quickly that becomes boring. Especially since I couldn't read, or watch TV or anything. Just lay in the dark and hope for sleep. Oh well. It passed and the rest of the week was fabulous.

We (of course) got our play on out back when the weather permitted. It was super windy this day (hence the semi angry facial expressions). We learned Sienna isn't a huge fan of potential storms ("Let's get inside already!!!!")

Probably the grossest thing ever. Sweet pickle dipped in Asiago dip. Gag.

"Lalaloopsy" is still a regularly played game around here. Both girls love it. And let's face it, so do I.

Sienna sets it up and we all play.

She's pretty specific about what goes where. Sometimes that's an issue with little sis' coming around trying to help ;)

Concentrative block play

LOVE this photo sequence...

Play play play

"Daaaaaaddddy I'm commmmmin"
"Wha...?"

Awesome take down.

Showing Sienna her injury

Super bright school day

Being goofy

Yep...pretty sure that's chocolate all over both their faces. Could be anything though really...

Whoa. Not cool Sienna. Not sure why. But clearly...not cool.

Sienna and I went out Saturday for a little Mommy and Me time. It was fantastic. I forget how incredibly different it is to be out with just her and I. We're going to make an effort to make it a more regular thing. We had a great day out, me and my girl :)

Looking at the chipmunks. She was so excited she screamed, turned around, then shoved her fist in her mouth. What can I say? She's her father's daughter.

And yes...matching Cow's tshirts. It's awesome.

Book time/post bath grooming time

Today we went to Emily's 2nd birthday party! So much fun. Jess had these cardboard cut outs for picture ops and they were HUGE hits ha.

As was creating "funny faces cups"

And cupcake decorating!

Annnd ending the day off with a little inappropriate snuggling

Kindergartner Thought of the Day:

On Saturday, we were playing around with a few balls with the girls. Sienna would hug it and Kyle would knock it out from her arms. Then everyone would run around in crazy fun madness. At one point Kyle went to knock the ball out and he accidentally got her just under her eye, scratching it a bit. Afterwards we were joking around about how Daddy had giant bear hands, too big for his body. Basically that he had these huge disproportionate hands that were out of control and that's why she got hurt. Well at supper time this conversation happened:

Kyle: "I love you so much, even when I'm asking you to try and eat another broccoli."

Sienna: "I know, I know. And you love me so much, even when you scratch my eye out with your big panda hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment