Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh the weekend!

A time for lazing around, having fun, and most importantly:
DADDY :)
It's funny how much more the girls miss Kyle this time around. Not that they shouldn't ;) just in comparison. I guess it's just them getting a bit older. They sure drape themselves all over him with ridiculous smiles on the weekend though. I become almost obsolete (not that I'm complaining about the break ;)). We didn't have too much planned this weekend. We just hung around home, enjoying each other's company.
And oatmeal apparently.
Sweet, sweet oatmeal. She seemed angry, almost like I've been withholding this great secret or something.

We took a trip to Chapters:
This is her 'thing.' Pointing. You say something like "oh HI Zoey!! Sweet girl!" and she'll look at you stone cold faced and point, as if to say "...YOU..." I really don't remember this much attitude coming from Sienna. And quite frankly that terrifies me.
Sister love :)
Also...holding things up for you. "Whatcha doin' Zo?" THIS. God...why are you even talking to me??

In the afternoon we set up camp just up the road at the corner store to watch the Waterloo Air Show. Equipped with a "slush pup" and our hands over our ears. It was an awesome show. Sienna LOVED it. Zoey...not so much (insert attitude combined with legitimate fear here).
I only had my iPhone and it was bright so I was aiming blindly. This is the picture I got.
Can you believe that??!! Is that not the saddest "air show" picture you've EVER seen?? Hell, it's the saddest "hey there's a regular airplane" picture I've ever seen. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful. I PROMISE...it was cool!
Nighttime snuggles while Daddy does a bit of work
Tent sleepover
My mom bought Zoey some good "walkin' shoes." She wasn't too impressed at first.
She would fall down and then point at her shoes and grunt and yell. Attitude?? Nahhh.
Good thing she's cute
A real good thing...
Zoey...let's get dressed.
Zoeeey. Where are you going?? Don't even think about running away from me...
ZOEY!

This week so far has been a little lazy. Zoey has been up all night the last two nights so my main goal during the day is this:
And the only way I'm getting anything done is by forcing this:
Ha! Kidding. In reality we're just doing a lot of this:
Zoey couldn't get the duck to quack with her hand so...
Clever girl.
And again holding what she's doing up for me. Lovely.

I tried my hardest to get a picture of the two of them looking:
Photoshop anyone?

In other news, Sienna's Halloween costume arrived :) HUGE hit. I got the dress second hand ($10! Woohoo!) so we just need a hat and wand (she's going as Winnie the Witch). Zo will be going as Winnie's cat Wilbur. I'm officially excited.
(yes there's Zoey in the back round angry "YOU" pointing at my mom)
Also, Zoey if starting to really eat now. No longer playing with her food (for the most part) but actually shoveling it into her mouth:
by the handful
So now this:
is no longer optional every night.

Preschooler Thought of the Day:

"What are you doing Sienna??"
"Ah nothin'....just slippin' around"

No comments:

Post a Comment