I can't believe it's almost August. July has flown by. We've had such an amazing summer so far. Kyle was just saying how this summer must be heaven for the kids. Anything you could ever want as a child really. Beautiful weather every day, endless swimming, fabulous activities and events and great friends.
Mimi and Papa got back from Manitoba and we had a bit of a wait when we picked them up from the airport
"Sleeping" (and snoring)
Mimi brought some of GG's jewelry back for the girls
Clip on earrings. All. The. Time.
Fancy tea party for the ladies with pearls, big hats and homemade fascinators?? Yes please!!
Chalk labeling in the backyard
(Mimi also brought home this "fancy dress"....you'll notice it in 90% of the pictures ha)
It's getting harder and harder keeping swim suits on these kids
Airplane!
Sudden soother obsession
Kyle has been working wonky hours/days and the girls are missing him like crazy. He had to go into Toronto one day so we made a day of it and hit up the ROM.
Sienna LOVED it. She especially loved the dinosaurs and the gemstones. Zo ended up needing a sleep so I left Kyle and Sienna to get her to and found about 200 pictures on my phone like this:
Of course I opted to leave the carrier at home
Mini golfing
Loving the garden!
Park play ;)
Sienna had a birthday party this last weekend. She insisted on going alone. Zo and I were supposed to go as well (I'm friends with the mom and Zo and the little brother are buds) but she was very set on it. So, I sent my normally reserved child off on her own. She had a blast and came home with some amazing crafts (I'm totally going to have to step up my bday party game this year! Ha).
Playfit, for the first time in AGES!
Such a different experience with Zoey being so independent and able to go throughout the structure alone.
Sleepy babe
Nice
Kyle took the girls to the park yesterday evening while mama had a night out :)
Kindergartner Thought of the Day:
Sienna and I had quite the chat the other day about evolution and where babies come from (oh ya...she went there). It started out with her asking about butterflies having babies in their bellies, then eggs (and how some animals don't carry their babies in their bellies) to where the very first baby EVER came from ("from NOTHING maybe??!") to sperm and eggs. Ya, I'm that mom that gets all technical (yes I used google images to assist this lesson). She got a little confused with the evolution talk (I was all into apes and whipped out the evolution of man image) and she said:
"Soooo, at what time in your belly did I turn from a monkey into a baby?"
(oooook....let's start over ;))
Then, at the end, when she seemed to have everything in order:
"So, do you and Daddy have any more sperm and eggs lying around for another baby?"
I LOVE conversations like this. Watching her figure things out. Wheels turning. Love it :)
Kindergartner/Toddler interaction(s) of the Day:
Zo is going through a copy-everything-Sienna-does phase. Sienna is so patient with her, however, sometimes she has enough ;)
Sienna: "Mama, why does Zoey have to want everything I want and do everything I do? I want my window down. Zoey...ZOEY...do NOT say 'window down.' Zoey. Zoey. OK?"
Zoey: "OK"
(Sienna rolls her window down)
........
Zoey: "Mama?"
Me: "Yes Zoey"
Zoey: "........window down?"
Sienna: "ZOEY!!!! UGH!"
No comments:
Post a Comment